What is SaaS?
Software as a Service (SaaS), also known as “demand software,” is characterized as a subscription software service model provided by a vendor that hosts an application and provides the customer with access on demand.1 Within the healthcare sector, numerous SaaS applications have been developed including practice management software, electronic health record (EHR) software, and revenue cycle management software.2
What does the AVIGA™ SaaS Platform offer?
The AVIGA™ platform of services offers numerous benefits:
- Predictable, fixed monthly fees: Potentially reduces capital expenditures for hardware, software, and IT support.
- Up-to-date: Software is updated and upgraded automatically with the subscription service so the most current version is always available.
- Reliable, automatic backups: Data is regularly backed up for recovery and continuity should site-interruptions or local disasters occur and loss of information ensue.
- Scalable for multiple users or sites: Concurrent sharing of resources and information across a pool of users at various clinic sites is achieved through “on demand” processes inherent to the system for periods when increased user volume and traffic occurs.
- Built on open standards:3 Easy integration with other software applications and migration of data.
- Security: Data security is of utmost importance when dealing with healthcare information. Janssen Diagnostics, Inc. and its partners ensure data protection by offering secure web-hosting, redundant systems and access, and all physical and electronic security (firewalls, anti-virus protection, spam filters, block intruders, etc.) to protect patient data. The AVIGA™ platform is designed to include measures for physical security, network security and application security of a clinical practice’s data.
- Auditable: Monitor users or applications and identify and mitigate the risks surrounding loss of control, security, integrity, privacy and availability.4
- Maintenance: The critical business task of maintenance is provided automatically with the SaaS subscription platform so each computer or access device is up-to-date.